Four State CVEB Minutes
Hospice of the Panhandle
330 Hospice Lane
Kearneysville WV 25430
Meeting in the Education Center
Conference Line: Dial US: +1 408 740 3766
Meeting ID: 839 274 927
November 30th, 2017
10:30 – 12:30
Meeting Facilitator: Sam Rock and Jamila Fleet(Co-chairs)
- Host: Hospice of the Panhandle
- Call to order / Pledge of Allegiance (Led by Sam Rock)
- Moment of Silence (Led by Sam Rock)
- Circulate sign-in sheet
- Chris Bash read Mission Statement
- Introductions of new members, No new Members
- Recap and Slideshow of Parade
- Sam Rock talked about the day of the Parade, Judges Jocelyn and Sam, a flyover for next year is confirmed.
- T-shirts are still available
- Creating a Press release about Parade was discussed, (thanking all participants)
- Jamila Fleet informed about difficulties forming a 501 C (3) that came to attention after working with the WVU law clinic. A motion was made by Lou Ann Kramer and seconded by Kenneth Hawthorne to dissolve the Business registration and keep the FS CVEB as is.
- Changes in the structure of the board were discussed:
- Change from two Co-chairs to President and Vice President, one secretary, and three communication liaisons. The membership voted and approved new structure.
- Bylaws need to be adjusted now.
- Jamila Fleet presented a slideshow with her thoughts on moving forward in 2019.
- More focus on local issues in Martinsburg
- Forums, Resource fair, Homeless count
- Sam Rock suggested doing a 5K run
- Bill suggested a bike ride
- There will be no meeting on 12/28/2018, instead, we will have our annual Potluck on 12/21/2018. Simone Hawthorne will check on room availability and CVEB will send out invitations
- Sam Rock announced his resignation and nominated Simone Hawthorne as President. The membership voted unanimously that Simone Hawthorne will be President of the FS CVEB effective December 1st, 2018.
- Jamila Fleet announced her resignation as Co-chair effective 01/01/2019. Sam Rock nominated Jocelyn Doyle for the vice president position and the membership voted unanimously that Jocelyn Doyle will be Vice President effective 01/01/2019.
- There are now three vacant positions to be filled:
- Co-communication liaison, 2 positions
- Sam Rock informed the membership about a Veteran in need of home improvements in Berkley Springs, trash removal and tree removal is also needed. This veteran is dying and trying to make it easier on his wife for the time after he is gone.
- Kenny Hawthorne has tickets to the Military Bowl 12/31/2018 in Maryland if interested email Kenny asap (email@example.com)
- Meeting adjourned at 12:30