Four State CVEB Meeting Minutes
January 27, 2017
10:30 – 12:30
Hospice of the Panhandle
See sign-in sheet attached
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance (Lead by Joseph Bowers and George Vukovich, Co-Chairs)
Introductions (Lead by George Vukovich, Co-Chair)
Approval of meeting minutes from November 2016 – approved by majority vote
- Highlights of Old Business
- The Officers met to finalize Charter. We will have final draft available to the board by next meeting.
- Please submit agenda items to the Four State CVEB G-mail
- The Charter and Bylaws are living documents—let the officers know if you have not had the opportunity to review these documents. Remember we are always open to suggestions.
- The board voted to amend the voting process outlined in the Bylaws
- Guest Speaker Suggestion
- LaDonna Weller suggested guest speaker for an upcoming meeting to gauge board’s interest. The board is in favor.
- Homelessness and Housing
- There are 15 HUD-VASH vouchers available for housing approximately 1.5-hour drive to Martinsburg.
- Shannon Kelley, VBA Huntington
- VBA can view claims from any location (not just CVEB catchment area)
- However, their catchment area is generally within the state of West Virginia
- Average processing time is under 100 days. There are outliers, but the virtual system speeds up processing time.
- The intake centers accept the claims and upload them to the electronic system within 7 days of receipt of the claim.
- Overview of compensation claim process.
- VBA offers Veteran life insurance.
- E-mail Shannon Kelley for additional questions (Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Committee Breakout Session
- George Vukovich initiates breakout session by asking the officers to take a seat.
- Review of Committee Leads.
- Purpose of today’s breakout session
- Come up with three objectives and a few measurable items under each objective.
- Discuss options for what we should call the “forum”
- Committees report back to the board
- Committee objectives will be published and released to the board upon receipt
- Craig Gilman, APU
- Overview of resources and services provided by APU for veterans and military service members through their campus Vet Center
- Slides available upon request
- Closing Remarks
- Moving forward it will be our intent to act on these objectives
- We will continue to grow by learning from one another and build off one another’s strengths and knowledge base
- VA’s Spring Fling for Veterans event on May 20, 2017 will be a major focus for the agenda at our next meeting
- February 24, 2017 from 10:30AM to 12:30PM
Hospice of the Panhandle
330 Hospice Lane
Kearneysville, WV 25430
|Action Item||Assigned To:||Deadline:|
|Meeting Minutes||Britney||By Wednesday, February 1st|
|Submit Objectives and Measurable Items to G-mail||Committee Leads||By Wednesday, February 1st|
|Send Agenda items to G-mail||All||By Tuesday, February 14th|
|Finalize Charter||Officers||By Friday, February 24th|