Four State CVEB Meeting Minutes
March 31, 2017
10:30 – 12:30
Hospice of the Panhandle
See sign-in sheet attached
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance (Lead by George Vukovich, Co-Chair)
Introductions of New Members (Lead by George Vukovich, Co-Chair)
- Guest Speakers
Jennie Shriner, Telamon Certified Housing Counselor
- Presentation: Foreclosure Prevention/ Homebuyer Education
Frederick White, Veterans Experience Officer:
- Presentation: Need for suicide prevention, will present next month on statistics and discuss how to respond.
Ruby Clendening, Congressional Liaison, Office of the Medical Center Director:
- Presentation: “Spring Fling” May 20th from 9 am to 3 pm. CVEB members will receive RSVP invitation for resource tables next week and RSVP will be open to outside resources the following week. There is discussion of having something to identify CVEB members at the event.
- Shared resource: Farmers market April-August on Tuesdays from 9 am to 1 pm at the Martinsburg VAMC. SNAP recipients can receive double the amount of their voucher. MOVE program participants are eligible for $50 worth of produce.
Kenneth Hawthorne, Project Healing Waters Martinsburg WV
- Presentation: Bio and how Project Healing Waters can help rehabilitate disabled veterans. PHW is open to all disabled veterans, 0% and greater. More information can be found at www.projecthealingwaters.com
- Kenneth is also the featured Veterans story that can now be found on the CVEB website
Approval of last month’s meeting minutes. Announcement was made that minutes and agenda will be posted on website and not discussed in future meetings. Any concerns in regards to minutes should be directed to CVEB email.
- Highlights of Old Business
- One pager for committees that have not been submitted need to be submitted ASAP
- Charter: Discussion tabled until April meeting
- Mixer Event- Keri Barnes
- Vote was cast to turn May meeting into Brunch for 1st hour and regular meeting the following hour. Future events will be planned quarterly.
- Share story- George Vokovich
- George shared story of how he assisted a homeless Veteran to encourage others to go above and beyond. Ask group to share a few stories. Stories were presented by Jamina Fleet, Anna Stead and Ruby Clendenning.
- Ideas for recognition- Ashley Moslak
- Presented quarterly Certification of Appreciation to Ruby Clendenning
- Website update- Simone Hawthorne
- Discussed updates to CVEB website, to include Veterans story section, minutes and agendas posted and resources links. Simone requests that members fill out sheet identifying their respective committee.
- Ways to identify a CVEB member- Julia Yuhasz
- Discussed purchasing of pins. Further discussion at next meeting of pricing.
- Closing Remarks
- April 28, 2017 from 10:30AM to 12:30PM
Hospice of the Panhandle
330 Hospice Lane
Kearneysville, WV 25430
|Action Item||Assigned To:||Deadline:|
|Submit Objectives and Measurable Items to G-mail||Committee Leads||A.S.A.P|
|Send Agenda items to G-mail||All||A.S.A.P|
|Finalize Charter||Officers||April 28, 2017|